Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Invitations!

Since creating the new shop on Etsy, Bec Art Design, I have been so busy creating new hand painted card sets! I am happy to report that it is off to a good start with a few sales already in the books; how exciting?! I have also begun working on a set of wedding invitations per a request and have decided to document the process a bit to share with you! Many do not realize the numerous steps involved in creating a personalized, hand crafted, and hand painted invitation. So here we go folks.


As with any type of artwork that I do, I always start with some sketches. Sometimes I get to my sketch book in time, and sometimes I just pick up whatever scrap is nearest whether it be an envelope from the day's mail, an advertisement mailer, or even the water bill! It can make organizing everything a problem, but it always works out in the end. :)

Next, I'll be trying out different colors, placements, and sizes to start narrowing down the ideas even more!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment