Saturday, March 5, 2011

Color? Placement? Size?

Usually after sketching things out this way and that, I end up with a good idea of which direction to take but it will not be clear until I try out the ideas hands-on. Then, more decisions need to be made: What color do I want the flower to be? Do I only want there to be one flower for sure? Orange-ish? Red-ish? Should it be centered? Shifted right or left? Larger? Smaller? I like the idea of using a transparent vellum overlay to print the invitation wording on...so how will the painting look best underneath that and how bold should it be painted to convey the appropriate feel both with and without that vellum?? The best way to sift through these options is to actually try painting and layering it.

Mind boggling, I know.

But then there's more!

I will be mounting the painting to cardstock thus opening the door to a whole new slew of decisions to be made: this will be for an autumn wedding; golden oranges, browns, tans, earthy greens, deep eggplant and plum violets all make for great coordinating colors...but what looks best with the orange calla? And what are the actual colors of the wedding??

So, after some of those decisions are narrowed down, I can finally start creating!

Next step: MATH (yes, I said it) and transferring the image!

No comments:

Post a Comment