Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Belated Happy

Happy (though belated!) New Year!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and has been enjoying the start of 2012; I know I kept very busy throughout all the festivities and have had some time recently to relax! I haven't shared much on the blog here in a while (though I have updated the website and facebook--check 'em out!) I figured I should post something for you.  :) 

This year, as I have done for the past few years, I made our Christmas cards.  A while back I had posted a little preview:



Needless to say, the preview picture was taken at the start of the process and I am so excited to share with you the final card....a number of steps later....



 ....oh yes folks, I had fun with this one!!


I had seen a handmade pop-up card at some point last year and made a mental note of it, thinking it could be fun to try.  When it came time to brainstorm ideas for Christmas cards, I thought of the pop-up idea right away and that was that....I set out to put it together.  :) Starting with some sketches of little snowmen, those developed into one snowman and one snowwoman (my husband and I of course!;) )  Just having the two figures seemed not quite finished so I added the third....a snowdoggie! (very closely resembling our husky mix, Vedder!) They were all hand painted and the remaining parts of the cards were printed and assembled. (note: with a TON of help from the husband! Thank you Mark ♥)



So, anyone have any suggestions for how this design can be used for other holidays/events??  I'd LOVE to try them out again---Valentine's?  Birthday? 
??


No comments:

Post a Comment